I Met a Thief

On the surreal virtual space, on social media,
Under the idle, whispering thunder of updates ,
Before the growling, ever typing lads,
I met a thief, who guessed I had
An innocent heart for him to steal.
He took my hand and led me under
The intimate waxed words which reverberated
The shiny praises in the bleeding words.
He jumped and plucked the fantasy for me to share ;
He sang and laughed and pressed close
I gazed: his hair was like the wool of a mountain sheep,
His eyes, a pair of blazing fiery balls.
Heavy and stark as steel
His legs, arms and neck,
a hairy, pillowy chest
And staircase steps- a curvy dominant six pack;
His throat uttered fresh banana juice
Matching his face - smooth and chiselled fine
Well polished shoes and a matching belt
The hound, stark reminder of Juakali endowment
Twirling a magical car key,
Spitting the Queen's lingua like a true sikh
He communicated the confidence, just like the comfortable man
I touched - but long before I even tasted
My heart had flowed from me into his hairy breast;
And then He went – High and South –
And left my carcase roasting in the fire he’d lit
Intercontextual rendition of Austin Bukenya's  I met a thief

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear African Sun

10 REASONS WHY UHURU KENYATTA MAYBE A ONE TERM PRESIDENT